• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paraphanalia in missouri

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Deadlegend

Hello all

im a 20 year old male in STL missouri.

The other day i was charged with driving on a suspended license and drug paraphernalia. (straw with heroin residue)

I am not denying the charges and was very cooperative with them.

The detectve hinted at the fact that if i helped him out that he'd help me out. So i decided to give him the name of a dealer that had recently ripped me off. Which in the end didnt help me out at all which i think is kinf of f*cked up. Last time i do that.

So in the end i was still charged with what i was initially charged with and also had to pay to get the car out of impound.

I know that what i was doing is wrong and am actively seeking treatment.

I see that i am also facing jail time. What are the chances that ill do jail time? I am a first time offender so im hoping i get a fine.

If there is anyway around jail time without a lawyer id prefer that as i dont have the money for a lawyer.

Another thing that i was wondering is this:

Me and my friend are white, we were in a black part of town. We were sitting in a car, thats it. And that cop drove up on us and started yelling at us immediately telling us to get out of the car. Searched us, and then asked if he could search the car, once he was already in it btw.

The fact that we were suspected based entirely on the fact that we were white, is that not profiling?

Last edited:

CJane

i still would like to know what the chances of me doing jail time are?

First time offender remember
No one can answer that for you. It depends on too many factors.

Ask for a PD and see what your options are as far as a diversion program, probation in lieu of jail, etc.

if you quit the drugs, you will be fine.

giving your life to Christ, would be a great idea ( i am not kidding)
This is great advice for someone asking for help with legal troubles, get a lawyer and ask the judge for a treatment program instead. Jail time for non violent offenders has dropped off big time in recent months. You have to prove ou are not a threat to society.

dave33

Let an attorney handle everything else that happens in your case. You have been completely used and are no good to them. That is not an envious position to be in. On the positive side, 1st time offender and simple poss. I do not think jail time is likely. The problem is that I do not know your area, consult w/local attorney.Initial consultation maybe free. Regardless, if you have no $ and need a p.d. than keep your mouth shut until you talk to them. Keep up this pace and you will be doing time right next to the people you help put there. How nice of a proposition would that be?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">