• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paraphernalia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aceprobe

Florida

Last month i was arrested for narcotic equipment possession. An officer was dispatched to a local gas station where some friends and i were sitting in a car. In the police report it states that it was regarding a 911 hang up call on the pay phone. The officer asked us for our identification and we all willingly complied. The officer then asked the driver to search the vehicle and she consented to search. Another officer arrived while we were sitting on the curb during the search of the vehicle. I had just realized at this moment there was a glass pipe in my pocket with burnt marijuana residue inside of it. The pipe was not mine, it was left at my house by a friend and i was returning it to him. I have not smoked marijuana in two months at that point in time. I hid the pipe in the bushes behind me while the officer searched one of my friends. He may or may not have seen me stash it, but regardless he asked if i had anything illegal on me, to which i replied no. I was immediatly handcuffed and he picked up the pipe. I know that possession is 9/10 of the law and the pipe was not in my possesion. In the police report he stated the the pipe was recovered from my possession, which leads me to believe i have a case, or else he would have stated that the pipe was stashed. My Initial court date was today, to which i was assigned an arraignment hearing on August 11.

If i plead not guilty do I have a case? I dont have the money to hire a lawyer, so i am choosing to represent myself or to use a public defender. I have been arrested before for loitering/prowling and my co-defendant was charged with possession, i opted to do a diversion program. If the charges stick what kind of punishment am i looking at? Thanks.
Also i am 17 years old, i turn 18 in December.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">