• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paraphernalia charge in mississippi (need help!!)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rabajon

I received a possession of paraphernalia ticket in Mississippi a few nights ago. I was pulled over for leaving a suspected dealers house late at night, or so I was told by the officer. They asked if there was anything illegal in the truck, I of course said no, but when he asked to search the vehicle I just gave him the small ammount of marijuana that I had. He searched the rest of my vehicle and found nothing else. Then he asked if I would like to get the charges dropped to roll on the guy, I insisted I wasn't comfortable doing that.. He gave me the third degree for a while, then just gave me a possession of paraphernalia ticket and let me go home. I guess being honest and cooperative really does help. He told me there was a possibility of me losing my license, which I assumed there was a possibility of me keeping them. All the information I can find on the internet says I will lose them for six months. I have about a 45 minute commute to work, and I intend to plead guilty to the charges. I really really really need to keep my license though. I guess what I'm getting at is, I had marijuana but just got a paraphernalia charge. What should I do going into my court date since this is my first violation of any kind. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">