• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paraphernalia Charge in South Carolina

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrscrewed1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

I’m from Greenville County South Carolina and I was stopped last Monday under the guise that a friend and I left a “known drug house” and that was why he pulled me over. (I didn’t know that having a black friend was a crime); he is renting a house that apparently was occupied by drug dealers before he moved in. He and I are guilty by association.

After being stopped they searched me from the beginning. Not finishing anything they search the passenger and don’t find anything. They ask to search my car I consent and sign a release because there was nothing in my car to my knowledge.

They found an old baggie with residue and a pill bottle with residue (with my name on the label). They wrote me a ticket for $2000?!?

From what I read on Norml.org’s site, the maximum penalty is $500 for paraphernalia. Is this correct or are they trying to scare me? I don’t know how often their site is updated but I can’t believe that he wrote a ticket for that much. They referred me to you for further information. He agreed that the fine is $500.

I assume since I have two prior possession charges they can do what they want to me.

They had a long conversation about me talking to them about “making a deal” where I talk to vice and turn all my friends in to get myself off. --- I don’t want to go down that route.

I beg of you to please tell me what the REAL law in South Carolina is and if I need to find a way around this being the court date is Tuesday the 13th. How can the normal person come up with two grand in two weeks?

Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">