• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paraphernalia ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sports5508

What is the name of your state? Texas

a friend of mine here in lubbock just got a paraphernalia ticket down around Austin. the guys tryin to get into medical school and he thinks if thats on his record they wont let him in. anybody have any ideas on how to keep that off his record? is deferred adjudification even an option on something like that?

marbol

a friend of mine here in lubbock just got a paraphernalia ticket down around Austin. the guys tryin to get into medical school and he thinks if thats on his record they wont let him in. anybody have any ideas on how to keep that off his record? is deferred adjudification even an option on something like that?
I'm from Texas but I aint a lawyer - But some of the times I've been in court, I have seen other guys get off with warnings and sometimes with DA. Talk nice to the judge. Don't lie - they've heard it all. And he should be ok. Doesn't hurt to ask.

moburkes

A lawyer would make it better?

Opinion: I don't understand why people insist, literally INSIST upon doing illegal things, then when they get caught they beg and plead for mercy because it will affect their eligibility for college and employment. Why weren't they so concerned before they started participating in the activities? I don't get it.

sports5508

i understand that point, if you have good stuff going for you dont screw it up with something stupid. ive only known the guy for about a year and a half, but ive always told people hes a very stand up guy and that if i ever needed something i knew he would help me out. that says alot coming from me because i trust no one. but he made some bad choices, now im just lookin for ways to help him out a little.

HomeGuru

**A: I see, he was trying the drugs as part of his medical school training.

CJane

A lawyer would make it better?

Opinion: I don't understand why people insist, literally INSIST upon doing illegal things, then when they get caught they beg and plead for mercy because it will affect their eligibility for college and employment. Why weren't they so concerned before they started participating in the activities? I don't get it.
I know! As if doing drugs isn't going to negatively impact his career as a physician all on its own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">