• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

past due payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dave33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Rhode ISLAND.

I MIGHT GEING GOING AWAY FOR A WHILE. It looks like maybe 1-2 years. Gotta pay for the past. I will honestly miss some f you guys.goodluck.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Rhode ISLAND.

I MIGHT GEING GOING AWAY FOR A WHILE. It looks like maybe 1-2 years. Gotta pay for the past. I will honestly miss some f you guys.goodluck.
I hope you have/had a good attorney, dave33, and that any sentence imposed is a fair one.

Your contributions to this forum will be missed but we will keep a light on in anticipation of your return, whenever that may be.

Good luck.

dave33

I appreciate the few reply's. It was quite an interesting day an and I would like to explain one of those rare times when the underdog actually gets the upper hand (if only for a while). When being arraigned on the felony in district (misdemeanor) court the Judge asked about my past record. The state's attorney was unprepared and flipped through an incomplete file which he had in front of him at the time. Then after hearing the incomplete file the judge made a bail ruling. The biggest problem for the state was the fact he did not correctly represent that I was on active probation.
The judge ruled 2k personal recognizance. I would have been h.w.o.b. if the judge had the correct info. Now, I have to go for a violation hearing in the same building on the same day. The thing is this..... Status quo trumps everything. When the superior (felony) court saw the previous bail ruling of p.r. he assumed that the misd. judge wanted me released and also gave me p.r. with a couple stipulations.

I believe a discussion has been had and the next time I appear , I feel as though I will have to pay the piper.

Although this is a legal sight, I feel it fair to say that the importance of common decency and emotion and human decency are just as important concepts as law precedent, case precedent , the currently enforced law and of course everybody's financial friend, the all important status quo.

It's just that some laws are broken for good reason and sometimed to disobey a law is by far the best for a group of people who just want to be good decent folks.
Everybody deserves a second chance and I"ve used my 25, I've never raised a hand to a woman or a child I have struggled withaddiction for far to long.
Maybe just maybe Ill be around for another fortnight or two. good luck to all.

Just Blue

I appreciate the few reply's. It was quite an interesting day an and I would like to explain one of those rare times when the underdog actually gets the upper hand (if only for a while). When being arraigned on the felony in district (misdemeanor) court the Judge asked about my past record. The state's attorney was unprepared and flipped through an incomplete file which he had in front of him at the time. Then after hearing the incomplete file the judge made a bail ruling. The biggest problem for the state was the fact he did not correctly represent that I was on active probation.
The judge ruled 2k personal recognizance. I would have been h.w.o.b. if the judge had the correct info. Now, I have to go for a violation hearing in the same building on the same day. The thing is this..... Status quo trumps everything. When the superior (felony) court saw the previous bail ruling of p.r. he assumed that the misd. judge wanted me released and also gave me p.r. with a couple stipulations.

I believe a discussion has been had and the next time I appear , I feel as though I will have to pay the piper.

Although this is a legal sight, I feel it fair to say that the importance of common decency and emotion and human decency are just as important concepts as law precedent, case precedent , the currently enforced law and of course everybody's financial friend, the all important status quo.

It's just that some laws are broken for good reason and sometimed to disobey a law is by far the best for a group of people who just want to be good decent folks.
Everybody deserves a second chance and I"ve used my 25, I've never raised a hand to a woman or a child I have struggled withaddiction for far to long.
Maybe just maybe Ill be around for another fortnight or two. good luck to all.
Dave...Do whatever it takes to get ahold of your addiction.

Perhaps pay a stop at Bill Ws house?? Best wishes to you! :)

Blue

dave33

Dave...Do whatever it takes to get ahold of your addiction.

Perhaps pay a stop at Bill Ws house?? Best wishes to you! :)

Blue
I truly appreciate the gesture of goodwill. I thank you for this and will pay a visit to Bill W. A condition of my release was to contact pre-trial services which seems to basically keep a constant eye on the drug/ alcohol program I enroll in and keep a constant eye on my drug test results.
A few nights ago I was having a few drinks a mixed them with anxiety medication (Xanax). This is basically the last thing I remember. My own son looks at me with fear and seems to prefer to spend time away from me. This was never the case when I was drug/ alcohol free. To have the people you care about most in this world tip toe around you is the most heart breaking thing I can ever remember enduring. I cannot say sorry enough and wish I saw a way to dig my way out of the hole that took me 25 years to dig.

When I post a reply to a thread I truly do this with the best of intentions and only hope to better someone's life(if only in a very small way.)

Thanks Blue, I will get a hold of this and hope it's o.k. if I ask advice from time to time. Dave.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">