• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

penalty for few micrograms of methaphetamine w/o paraphernali or intent to use/sell?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Henry56

Hey all, what is the minimum amount of Methamphetamine you can be jailed for? Ie if I have a single crystal of it on the microgram order of magnitude and have no ostensible evidence for intent to use or of knowing possession(long shot I know but were talking a tiny piece in your pocket amongst lint, not in a bag or anything). Any help appreciated.

CdwJava

Hey all, what is the minimum amount of Methamphetamine you can be jailed for? Ie if I have a single crystal of it on the microgram order of magnitude and have no ostensible evidence for intent to use or of knowing possession(long shot I know but were talking a tiny piece in your pocket amongst lint, not in a bag or anything). Any help appreciated.
The law varies by state. What state was this in?

And, the general minimal amount is a broad term often referred to as "a usable amount." What that is may be subject to some expert speculation, but I have never heard of a single flake of meth being used to constitute possession ... in part because it would probably be an insufficient amount to test much less argue that it could be used to get anyone high.

FlyingRon

Yep, in my state, a "residue" indicates the drugs were there but no longer. It doesn't support a possession of the drug charge. Of course, having drug residues in the object does clear up the ambiguity as to whether the item was paraphernalia or some innocuous item.

CdwJava

Yep, in my state, a "residue" indicates the drugs were there but no longer. It doesn't support a possession of the drug charge. Of course, having drug residues in the object does clear up the ambiguity as to whether the item was paraphernalia or some innocuous item.
Yes, that it does. That's a good point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">