• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pending Pot Distribution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tstauffer7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Two years ago I sold a friend about a gram of pot. He later got caught and gave my name to the cop. The next day the cop called me and I asked me to come into his office. I went in and he had the bag sitting on the table. I admitted to selling the pot. He then made me right my statement and then asked If i would be interested in setting up another bigger drug dealer. I gave in and said yes to save me from going to jail right then. It has been 2 years since and the officer that charged me as not contacted me or said anything to me about. I am getting more and more worried that some random he will come and pick me up and take me into jail. Is there anything I can do to prevent him from taking me to jail and or get the case expunged?

tstauffer7

I know he hasn't prosecuted me yet until I do the favor he asked of me. He wants me to buy some pot from a dealer so he can bust them and he will get me off with possession instead of distribution. The officer hasn't contacted me about anything for 2 years now. Is it still possible for him to get me in trouble with the law?

seniorjudge

Q: Is it still possible for him to get me in trouble with the law?

A: I am assuming you are asking if you can still get in trouble for what you did. If the statute of limitations has not run, then yes.

If that is not your question, then rephrase what you want to know.

Jobbo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Two years ago I sold a friend about a gram of pot. He later got caught and gave my name to the cop. The next day the cop called me and I asked me to come into his office. I went in and he had the bag sitting on the table. I admitted to selling the pot. He then made me right my statement and then asked If i would be interested in setting up another bigger drug dealer. I gave in and said yes to save me from going to jail right then. It has been 2 years since and the officer that charged me as not contacted me or said anything to me about. I am getting more and more worried that some random he will come and pick me up and take me into jail. Is there anything I can do to prevent him from taking me to jail and or get the case expunged?
You probably can't do anything. There's a clock running called the "statute of limitations" - after a set amount of time from the day you sold to your friend, they cannot prosecute you. The amount of time varies greatly by jurisdiction and by offense. Hiring a lawyer could probably help with these issues (I know, you knew it was coming.)

tstauffer7

Okay thanks!

One more question. If I had already written the statement is there really much more a lawyer could do as far as getting no jail sentence, cause that is what I am really afraid of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">