• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pensylvania possession of marijuanna and paraphenillia no papers given on scene

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmz829

What is the name of your state? pensylvania

I got pulled over after a cop saw me dropping a buddy of in a bad neighborhood for no reason he made a u-turn and pulled me over when he saw him geting out of my car and when he came to my car he immediatly told me to get out and started searching me which in my possesion along with 325 dollars i had a small piece of cannabis in a cigar pack and i look over and see another officer in my passenger seat searching through my car. in the car they find a scale with cannabis residue on it. next thing i know i look over and see another cop with my keys in his hand opening my trunk and he finds a few papers with information on a cannabis grow some mason jars and mylar which is a reflective surface used to cover the walls in a grow area. he asked me if i grow at my house i told him no and told him he was free to come to my house and check then i asked him what he pulled me over for he didnt answer. at this point i heard a officer say he gotta go and they handcuffed me and put me in the back of the car then after about 30 seconds they came and opened the police car door and unhancuffed me and gave my keys and such back to me and i asked him what i was being charged with he told me that i was being charged with possesion and paraphanilla and said i will get papers in the mail within a month. I WAS NEVER GAVE PAPERS OR SAW ANY PAPERS BEING FILLED OUT THERE. everyone i talked to about it seems to think that they have to give you papers then or book you. i asked why i wasnt getting my money back and they said i will get it back at court. can they charge you with something and only give you papers in the mail and not on the scene?

seniorjudge

...everyone i talked to about it seems to think that they have to give you papers then or book you....

Everyone you talked to is wrong.

cmz829

ah well what could i be charged with for the mylar and the papers with grow information? can you get intent to produce?

what about the possesion and paraphanellia charge for a first offense?

Last edited:

CdwJava

I doubt they could get any kind of attempt to cultivate charge based solely on a search of your car.

It sounds like they had something more serious to respond to so they cut you loose. IF you get court papers in the mail, speak to an attorney. Until that time, don't fret too much - they may never bother to send anything in ... my guess would be that they won't.

- Carl

cmz829

if thats the case and they dont send anything in then that means that they toke my 325 dollars which if so isnt right but i guess it still is better then paying fines that would be more then that.

can they legally pull me over and get me out of the car immediatlly like that? i my car n all my tags and everything were legit and i did no traffic violation can they just pull you over cause they feel like it?

CdwJava

It doesn't sound like a good search on the face of it, but then, I don't know what the cops there were using to justify the search. They may have had some good cause you didn't know about.

And if they took your money, I imagine they made a report.

- Carl

garrula lingua

Errr ... I've never heard of a cop taking money without giving a receipt showing it was either booked into evidence or in the Watch Commander's safe ...

Until the receipt is written, you are usually a 'guest' of the cop.

Maybe something big was happening & they had to leave suddenly, but ...

Smells odd to me.

CdwJava

Something's odd.

If you want to push it, call the department and ask to speak to someone about the incident. Were the officers in uniform? If not, they may NOT have been cops.

It is possible that they had to leave suddenly and a receipt was not given ... I know *I* wouldn't want to be in that position, but it wouldn't be the first time in my career that I later reached into a bag, box, or pocket and realized that I had forgot to return something.

- Carl

XNavyLT

Something's odd.

they may NOT have been cops.

- Carl

That's exactly what what I was thinking when I read the post!
You dropping someone off in a "bad neighborhood" known to officers as a drug area IS PC. The search? not sure about that. If you skate on this, be thankful it's only costing you $325.00/ would be MUCH MUCH more otherwise, what does a CDA cost these days? $200/hr??

cmz829

it was on the main road and when i was pulling over to drop him off a cop was coming up the opposite way and after i dropped my buddy off i went to the red light ahead like 1 block and the cop had made a u-turn up the road and came back for me. they were saying something about a plain clothes officer seeing my passenger rolling a blunt but he was doing no such thing and i was only riding him about a mile to his girlfriends house.

i am sure they were actual officers as there were 5-6 cars that came on scene eventually.

The officer that unhandcuffed me was the one that had my money in his hand he gave me my stuff back but not my money and i asked him why i wasnt getting my money back and he said because i showed no proof of employment but i tried explaining to him that i had been selling nintendo Wiis which are hard to come by and i get them and resell them i even had reciepts in my car showing that i bought and shipped them to 5 differant addresses he put the money in a ziploc bag and said i would get it back at court.

I HOPE IF THERE IS ANY OFFICERS READING THIS THAT YOU GUYS DONT DISRESPECT PEOPLE LIKE THESE OFFICERS DID

cmz829

if i do get papers would i have the right to a PD?

also if i do not get papers for it i would rather just loose my 325 dollars i wouldnt wanna not get charged for it and then stirr something up about it. and get my money returned and charges also

also when i was dropping him off in a bad neighborhood it was about 6pm and it is a highly traveled thru area at rush hour.

I also have a witness that saw the incident from about 40 ft away

what are the chances of getting a license suspension? possible penalties?

Last edited:

cmz829

well**************......i got papers in the mail today could anyone give me more info on the statues i am being charged under and some info on possible penalties would be greatly appriciated.

35 780-113a31a possesion or distribution-marijuanna 1 count

35 780-113a32 possession of drug paraphernalia 1 count

is the paraphernalia a felony?

it is detaled in a differant part of the paper as

s 35 s780-113 ssa31 possession or distribution- marijuanna

s 35 s780-113 ssa32 possession of drug paraphernalia

also do you think a public defender would suffice for this case? or should i contact a family known lawyer?

Last edited:

The Occultist

If I were going to research those statutes, I would go to Google and type in "Pennsylvania statute-number". But...I'm feelin' rather lethargic right now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">