• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Perjury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

naloving

What is the name of your state? massachusetts

this is a federal crime. my son was set up to distribute drugs by an agent. He was caught on tape handing the agent drugs and taking money. he is not a drug dealer. he was set up. he was taken to the hearing and asked to identify who was on the tape receiving money and it was him. they asked him where he got if from and he gave the name of the dealer. The dealer was arrested and put into federal jail. his trial comes up soon and the fbi wants my son to testify against this man. my son refuses because he knows his life is over once he hits the street. he feels the only thing to do is commit perjury and say he was dealing the drugs. what are the consequences of perjury and how long will a person with a clean record have to serve? What about the fifth amendment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">