• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sk8erbug90

North Dakota,

So I'm wondering if its a violation of my personal rights.....I went to the hospital Because i had every symptom for the swine flu....The doctor on staff decided to run an x ray a urin test for a bladder infection and the influenza test...... i asked him repeativly why he needed my urine because i didnt have any symptoms for the infection he said just to be shure...... the next thing i know he comes back into the room saying i tested positive for influenza and i tested positive for drugs!!! I never asked him to check... there was no reason for the test, and he plainly lied! Is this a violation of my personal rights? would i be able to sue the hospital for this....?

dave33

There is to many unknowns. I am sure you signed several documents when admitted. Also if a doctor thinks you are seeking drugs he may have to run a tox. screen. If you really wanted to pursue you would need a copy of the forms you signed, hospital procedure/policy and the general laws of your state and how they pertain to medical confidentiality. After all that you would need to convince a lawyer to take the case. Than even if all that was successful, at best you would be looking at some policy changes within the hospital. I cannot see in this situation where any type of money would be awarded to the complainant(you). This is just my uninformed opinion,and know of no other situation like this.

ERAUPIKE

North Dakota,

So I'm wondering if its a violation of my personal rights.....I went to the hospital Because i had every symptom for the swine flu....The doctor on staff decided to run an x ray a urin test for a bladder infection and the influenza test...... i asked him repeativly why he needed my urine because i didnt have any symptoms for the infection he said just to be shure...... the next thing i know he comes back into the room saying i tested positive for influenza and i tested positive for drugs!!! I never asked him to check... there was no reason for the test, and he plainly lied! Is this a violation of my personal rights? would i be able to sue the hospital for this....?
It is absolutely not a violation of your rights. You do not have the right to not be tested for drugs at a hospital. You voluntarily gave a sample. You didn't like being called out for your addiction to drugs afterwards. You should worry more about your addiction and less about the superfluous testing the doctor performed on your urine sample.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">