• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petty offense?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Visionary

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

Hey all,

A friend of mine is an international student studying here in Colorado. Unfortunately about a month ago he got a ticket from the universitie's police department(He got caught in the dorms) for possession of marijuana, now in Fort Collins,CO its common to find marijuana spread around and a lot of people got caught with it. Good news is that my friend got a tickert for LESS THAN 2 OUNCES of MJ and its a petty offense , so a lot of people told us he would get a fine and would be forced to go to class and maybe do some community services... His worried a lot I told him a million times its a damn petty offense probably the lowest grade possibile. We went to our cities public defense office they told him to go to court and listen to the offers if they are good ones like( Dismissal, or community work &class and fine everything would be dropped) take them , if not REFUSE and ask for an attorney...

Honestly what do you all think would he face from sentences? Whats the worst thing that can?

I think he won't be in much trouble and yea his an international student do you think thats a major issue for him?

Thanks,
V.

Last edited:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I think he won't be in much trouble and yea his an international student do you think thats a major issue for him?
The major issue for him is his stupidity. Playing with any illegal drug while in a foreign country is asking for trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">