• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pharmacy Thinks Faxed Prescription is Forged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sammy37

I'm in Georgia.

I have a serious issue. I have restless leg syndrome, of which no medication except for hydrocodone works. I've seen my primary care physician and two neurologists, and they refuse to understand this, even after trying me on numerous medications. I found online what I believe to be a legitimate medical consultation and medication service provider. They require validated medical records that indicate the medical condition you are seeking help for, and their physician approves or denies the medical records. I then go through an online and telephone consultation and then my medicine is prescribed and shipped out.

This month, the pharmacy was way behind in shipping out the meds, so they offered to fax the prescription to my local pharmacy and pay $15 transfer fee. I called this morning, and my pharmacy received the fax last week but said it didn't look right to them. They called the doctor listed on the fax and got a voicemail and no return call. My pharmacy has called the sheriff's office to take a look at the fax. It's for 90 hydrocodone. I'm scared to death. I called my online service center and they said that the police would investigate or look at the doctor and where the fax came from and not at me. HELP!!!

I have three girls and they have gone through two very traumatic experiences recently, and they can't see their mother being carted away in handcuffs by the sheriff. They literally could not take it. HELP!!!

sammy37

I'm sorry. My question is...will the sheriff come after me if he thinks the prescription is forged or will they look at the pharmacy and/or doctor that it was faxed from? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HomeGuru

I'm sorry. My question is...will the sheriff come after me if he thinks the prescription is forged or will they look at the pharmacy and/or doctor that it was faxed from? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
**A: let's cut to the chase. Was the Px forged?

sammy37

If you read my original post, you will see that I said I have been dealing with an online medical service center (doctor-scripts.com, if you want to check it out) for several years. The pharmacy service they use were behind in shipping out medications this month, so they faxed the prescription as a transfer to my local pharmacy. My local pharmacy tried to contact the doctor listed on the fax and got a voicemail. They were suspicious and called the sheriff's office. I have not seen the fax at all. I called my online medical service center (doctor-scripts.com), and she said he is indeed a licensed US physician and there should be no problem. I'm just scared that if the sheriff can't get ahold of the doctor that he's going to come after me. I'm not trying to scam anybody, and I'm not a drug addict. I would appreciate legitimate help. Thank you.

HomeGuru

If you read my original post, you will see that I said I have been dealing with an online medical service center (doctor-scripts.com, if you want to check it out) for several years. The pharmacy service they use were behind in shipping out medications this month, so they faxed the prescription as a transfer to my local pharmacy. My local pharmacy tried to contact the doctor listed on the fax and got a voicemail. They were suspicious and called the sheriff's office. I have not seen the fax at all. I called my online medical service center (doctor-scripts.com), and she said he is indeed a licensed US physician and there should be no problem. I'm just scared that if the sheriff can't get ahold of the doctor that he's going to come after me. I'm not trying to scam anybody, and I'm not a drug addict. I would appreciate legitimate help. Thank you.
**A: you DID NOT answer my question. And I did read your post. What heck are you on?

xylene

They were suspicious because the website you mention is dubious at first glance.

You may have RLS, but you need a drug assessment. Getting an online drug assessment for heavy duty opioid medicine is a huge red flag.

The treatment guidelines for RLS call for the lowest possible opioid dosage, only for severe cases and only INTERMITTENTLY.

Without your hydrocodone... (now be honest) Are you experiencing withdrawal?

xylene

**A: then what is the answer?
She does not really know... because I am sure in the posters heart they are dogged by the fact that an online telephone consult with a 'doctor' pharmacy... whose claim to fame is "discrete hydrocodone" might not be on the up and up...

sammy37

I have not had hydrocodone in over two months now, and my RLS is really bothering me something fierce. I have a severe case of it. I've had it since I was a little girl. It's not only in my legs but it's also in my arms and also travels in between my shoulder blades and down through my arms. Also, as most people seem to only experience RLS at night, I experience it all during the day as well. I have tried every avenue I can to get a resolution to my problem. I've done plently of research, and I've tried all the meds, in low dosages and in high dosages. Some work for some of the time and then they don't work at all. I know for a fact that hydrocodone is an approved medication for RLS. My doctors refused to prescribe the medication for me, so I went the next best avenue I could find. I settled on doctor-scripts.com because they seemed to be the most legit. I don't order from them every single month. I take the hydrocodone as I need it. As I stated, I'm no drug addict. Meds like that don't make me "high". They have no effect whatsoever on me except to help the problem that I am taking them for. I thank the Lord that there is something out there that can help my RLS.

Can you help me with my legal question? I'm still really scared and nervous? Any input you can provide, besides putting me off as a drug addict, would be greatly appreciated.

lealea1005

I'm in Georgia.

I have a serious issue. I have restless leg syndrome, of which no medication except for hydrocodone works. I've seen my primary care physician and two neurologists, and they refuse to understand this, even after trying me on numerous medications.
translation: 3 board certified MD's refuse to fill prescriptions for pain medications for you. That's red light #1
I found online what I believe to be a legitimate medical consultation and medication service provider.
Did you have a "consultation with a Physician? How did this "physician" examine you? Red light #2
They require validated medical records that indicate the medical condition you are seeking help for, and their physician approves or denies the medical records.
What medical records did this "physician" receive and review?
I then go through an online and telephone consultation and then my medicine is prescribed and shipped out.
hmmmmmmhmmmm

This month, the pharmacy was way behind in shipping out the meds, so they offered to fax the prescription to my local pharmacy and pay $15 transfer fee.
red light #3
I called this morning, and my pharmacy received the fax last week but said it didn't look right to them. They called the doctor listed on the fax and got a voicemail and no return call.
red light #4
My pharmacy has called the sheriff's office to take a look at the fax.
As they should, if they're suspicious that the Rx is a forgery
It's for 90 hydrocodone. That's a large amount of Lortab for one Rx, another red light
I'm scared to death. I called my online service center and they said that the police would investigate or look at the doctor and where the fax came from and not at me.
That's true, they will attempt to verify the authenticity of the Rx first. HELP!!!

I have three girls and they have gone through two very traumatic experiences recently, and they can't see their mother being carted away in handcuffs by the sheriff. They literally could not take it. HELP!!!
I'd also like to know (because, deep in your heart I think you already know the answer) if the Rx was a forgery.

If the Rx wasn't a forgery, all the red lights I pointed out would give the Pharmacist reason for concern.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">