• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

knw

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

about a week ago my younger sister who is 16 was arrested for selling pills. She has been selling for about a year now as far as i know. She was caught with 200 xanix(sp?) 53 name brand valiums and 1/2 an oz of weed. I have not been able to speak to her since it happened.So i am not sure exactly sure what they charged her with. But i just wanted to know what kind of punishment she will face. This is the second time she has been arrested. The first time it was for underage drinking when she was 14.

K

knorris

knw said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina

about a week ago my younger sister who is 16 was arrested for selling pills. She has been selling for about a year now as far as i know. She was caught with 200 xanix(sp?) 53 name brand valiums and 1/2 an oz of weed. I have not been able to speak to her since it happened.So i am not sure exactly sure what they charged her with. But i just wanted to know what kind of punishment she will face. This is the second time she has been arrested. The first time it was for underage drinking when she was 14.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where are your parents ??? How does a 16 y/o get her hands on 200 xanix ? Arrested for underage drinking at 14. I would think she is in big trouble this time and hopefully she will be confined somewhere till she's 18. Maybe then she will learn to be a productive citizen. Is she being charged as a juviniel ? I'm sure you think I am being harsh but, you should realize that she is not headed anywhere in life at the rate she's going. Does she go to school ? are you parents around ? It does not sound like she has any supervision or a stable home. we cannot tell you what her punishment will be. That will be up to the DA and the judge. How old are you ? you have known for a year that she was doing this and have not done anything to stop her ? Just be thankful that someone hasn't overdosed on the pills sold or she could be in far worse trouble. If you really want to help her contact an attorney for her. Kathie

K

knw

well your right. she dose not have a stable home. i am 20 and live on my own about twenty miles from my sister. who still lives with my mom. my mom is never home. my sister has to take care of her self and has the house to her self for days at a time. are dad left when she was 11 and we have not seen him since. but he dose send a check every month. i never told any one about her drug dealing beause when i was her age i sold weed to make money. but i got out of it before i got caught. i don't want my sister to go to jail but i know it is best for her. i have heard from some family mebers that she has been doing cociane and meth. i know for a fact that she is having sex among other things. i knew she was out of controle but i just kept telling my self that she is just going throught a stage like i did. but i never did hard drugs like meth and i never sold any thing other than weed and i only did that for a few months. i wish now i had told someone or done something. but my sister and i fight a lot and whet ever i say she dissmisses and keeps on doing it.she is the typical teen who never listens and always thinks she is right.

K

knorris

I do understand how you feel and perhaps it's why I am so firm and harsh when it comes to any kind of drug's. I know you don't want to see your sister in jail. I have a sister who is in prison because of meth. I also tried for years to talk to her and tried everything I could think of to get through to her. She has five kids and was a horrible mother, The thing's she put her kids throught would disgust you. In the end it was me that notified the police were she was. When I found out she had warrent's and was again dealing drugs. I know to some people it is hard to believe that I could turn my own sister in to the police. It was the love of my neices and nephews that I did it for. Now I have raised 3 of her kids still have one living with me, the older two are now on their own and doing very good. my older sister took custody of the younger two kids. We hated to split them up but, I have three kids of my own. and older sister has four kids. So it was impossible for either of us to take in five more kid's. But we only live about 30 minutes apart and they have always got to see each other and spend alot of time together. I have visited my sister in prison and she will be paroled sept 29th. Though I hope she will be a changed person it will be a wait and see how she does once she is paroled. Every time I have visited her has left me sour, She feel's that she is being picked on and of course doesn't think she belongs in prison. I have been asked if I would of turned her into the police had I known she was going to be sent to prison? And yes I would do it all over again. I and everyone in my family believe had she not gone to prison she would be dead by now. I feel prison was the only chance she had to ever turn her life around. And still cannnot be sure that she has or will. One thing I am certain of though is that her children have now had a chance to have a ''normal'' life that she never cared to give them. so to me it has all been worth it even if she get's out and goes back to her same ways. Sorry I didn't mean to ramble on, this is a subject that I have very strong feeling's about because of all this. Your sister is young and now is the best chance she has to change these habits she has gotten into. I know you don't want her in jail. but just think of it as forced help she might otherwise not be willing to get. Good luck to you. And let me know how it turns out. Kathie

V

veryhardworker

Well I am unfamiliar with that law in your state but I can give you advice. I work with locked up youth.
Check the law in your state on the ages of adult. She could be charged as an adult.
Also I know in TX that youth going to a jv det. center are given a MLS a minimum length of stay (for drugs usually 6 or 9 months or till 21st b-day) or until there 21st birthday. Locked up till your 21 usually means that your not working the program or following rules where you are locked up. I have seen youth that had 6 months stay who ended up staying over 3 years because of bad behavior. Plus you can catch time for doing this even while locked up. If she gets charge as an adult which is not usual for drugs on a minor I am unsure.
Either way if I were you I would see if you could get her and help. Check around in your community for and chemical dependency (CD) groups. So when she does come home this will help her stay off the drugs. Make her go even if she doesn’t think she should. And money is not an issue you can usually find these places that over free counseling. SO GET HER HELP SO SHE DOSEN'T GET LOCKED UP AGAIN!!!

A

a-b-r-e-y

knorris ur a ****in idiot. its not always about where are the parents . im 17 i can get any drug i want . in any amount.
my parents dont know .. they allways ask me questions about where ive been what ive done ect.ect. so dont juss pop up with where are the parents. when i was 12 years old i started selling marijuana by the pound. still do . so u know

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

a-b-r-e-y said:

". . . when i was 12 years old i started selling marijuana by the pound. still do ."

=====================================

My response:

You should be proud, commended, and congratulated. Unfortunately, those will only come from other druggies, and those with fried brains.

Yes, from your style of writing, drugs haven't had any effect on you whatsoever. You have a wonderful economy of words.

One day, it will all catch up to you.

IAAL

P

PaulE

A-b-r-e-y, your the one who is an idiot. You must make your parents pround. I don't know anything about you or your parents, but I agree with knorris. It's not just as simple as asking your children where were you, and who were you with, it's knowing where they are at, and who there with. You say you have been selling large quantities of dope since you were young, that means you have a lot of unexplained cash. Your parents must have there head in the sand not to see this. Do us all a favor and keep your profound thoughts to yourself. Knw as far as your sister, try and get her some help. You should of tried and done that already, when you found out she was doing these things. She should have been assigned a case worker already. Try and meet with them and see what she's looking at. It might not hurt her to spend some time locked up.

A

a-b-r-e-y

you say that by how i write drugs have affected me. no thats not true and the other guy talking about all the unexplained cash. no one ever sees it but the guy i get my **** from. i sell mostly cause i like weed. and i think that it should be really easy to obtain seeing as how the town i live in is the size of mayberry. its hard to find weed . well with quality anyway. so i make very little profit. and what guy was saying u gotta know where your kids are and who they are with.. its like the old saying what you dont know wont hurt you. kids tell their parents one thing but do something completely diffrent the only way to tell where your kids really are is stalk them .. and if they find out u were doin that.. they would be hurt. and therefor they will rebel more.

J

JazzboneCS

you say that by how i write drugs have affected me. no thats not true and the other guy talking about all the unexplained cash. no one ever sees it but the guy i get my **** from.

And YOU say that it isn't true that drugs have affected your writing? So why do you speak in broken sentences? Why do you have run-on sentences? So before you did drugs it was like this?

Rochelle

Once again, we have an admitted druggie trying (but failing) to defend their addiction. So ok, do drugs. OD on them, for all I care. You know what? No one gets hurt but those who love you for whatever value you might have. You serve no purpose in society and we won't miss you. Sound harsh? Oh well.

But one of these days you're going to sell to the wrong person, maybe an undercover cop. But you're too smart right? Would be able to tell if he/she was a cop right? Sure, you keep believing that. Better yet, I hope some kid's parent catches you trying to sell to their child. Or I hope we catch you and bring you here to my PD.

But some people do care about their family. This kid's sister obviously cares.

A

a-b-r-e-y

ive never written in full sentences. and i never said i wouldnt get popped.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

a-b-r-e-y said:
"ive never written in full sentences. and i never said i wouldnt get popped."

======================================

My response:

So, what you're saying then is that school was lost on you. Education took a back seat to the drugs.

How wonderful. You really improve society.

IAAL

J

JazzboneCS

a-b-r-e-y

Please take our money to support your drug habit. Its okay - really! I dont need it at all....

K

knorris

And I bet your parents are so proud....

a-b-r-e-y said:
knorris ur a ****in idiot. its not always about where are the parents . im 17 i can get any drug i want . in any amount.
my parents dont know .. they allways ask me questions about where ive been what ive done ect.ect. so dont juss pop up with where are the parents. when i was 12 years old i started selling marijuana by the pound. still do . so u know
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You prove by your own word's what a dumb azz you are and so proud of it. Tell your parents not to worry about where you are. In a few years you'll have a perminent address at the D.O.C and they'll know just how to find you LOSER!!!. Kathie :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">