• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

awitters0404

my fiance has a class for felony for possession in the winnebage county in IL. I looked up his online court case and it had stated 180 days jail and 24 months probation. He happens to currently live out of state of IL in WI. Im not sure if this will make sense but I think he said he revocated or ascounded probation (not sure what that means) we were trying to find out what choices he has to fast track his sitting time, example drug and alcohol program. This is his first offense. Basically wanting to know how he can get time knocked off so he can move to Indiana and be with his family and fiance with child on the way?

outonbail

He can hire an attorney to see if they can convince the judge to reinstate his probation. If this is possible, then because of him violating the terms of his original probation, the court will most likely add time to his sentence and extend his probationary period, not "knock any off" because of his personal/family situation.

If the attorney can not get his probation reinstated, he'll have to serve the remainder of the 180 days in custody.

Are you sure you want to wrap your life around someone who is so irresponsible with legal matters.

Not bad enough that he is arrested for drugs to begin with, but to cut a deal with the courts so he can stay out of jail and then not follow through with whatever terms he agreed to, isn't a very good way to plan for a successful future
. Anyone who is serious about starting and being responsible for a family, doesn't continue to behave in a way that will keep him separated and unable to provide for his family.

Odds are, that this behavior is a good sign of things to come.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">