• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please respond.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jonny112

What is the name of your state? My state is California in the city of Van Nuys, my case is regarding possession of tobacco products, i am wondering what the best and worst case scenario could be, I got a 308(b) ticket charged under an infraction, and i am to appear in court in a little over a month. please reply with any advice to the case.

CdwJava

Here is the section:

PC 308 (b) Every person under the age of 18 years who purchases,
receives, or possesses any tobacco, cigarette, or cigarette papers,
or any other preparation of tobacco, or any other instrument or
paraphernalia that is designed for the smoking of tobacco, products
prepared from tobacco, or any controlled substance shall, upon
conviction, be punished by a fine of seventy-five dollars ($75) or 30
hours of community service work.

You might also have to attend a counseling program and might be placed on some form of probation as well.

- Carl

Jonny112

Thank you for the reply

If i turn 18 before my court date, is it also possible that i can get the case dropped? Also, this is my first ticket on my record, do you think that will effect it at all?

The Occultist

If i turn 18 before my court date, is it also possible that i can get the case dropped? Also, this is my first ticket on my record, do you think that will effect it at all?
No. If that were the case, everybody would commit all sorts of heinous crimes right before turning 18 so the charges would be dropped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">