• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Popped in Orlando

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AAOrlando

I was going to a club in Orlando, Fl, when I was pulled over for going thru a stop sign. The cop told me to slow down and was going to let me go,then he came back to the car and asked me "I hope your not going to blow the White House up tonight?". I found that a strange question to ask, and I answered no, with some hesitation. At that point he asked me if he can search my car and me. Well guess what he found??? 0.5 oz of cocaine. Well I was arrested and the rest is history.I was charged with actually or constructively possessing cocaine. By the way, what does constructively possess mean?? I went for my Arraignment hearing and pleaded not guilty, and I am eligible for the Pre Trail Deversion Program here in Fl.
My question is if I get a lawyer, do you think the charges may be lowered to a misdemenor, or some of the Pre Trail Deversion programs like 118 hours of community service be suspended???? FYI this is my 1st offense ever.

Thanks from MCO

L

llwalsh

constructive possession

i am not an attorney by no means but i am going thru a similair situation. they are charging me with possession of 4 ounces of cocaine in the state of illinois. and it is also constructive possession. and the way my attorney explained it to me is they can charged you with that if the cocaine is in possession of somebody else but you had knowledge of it being there if you made a statement of saying you knew it was there or something like that. you do not even have to have the cocaine in your possession to get charged with it!!!! is that crazy or what?? well good luck to you. if i can answer anything else for you let me know like i said my knowledge is from personal experience only. but i've been going thru my situation for almost 19 months now and still have not been convicted yet. good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">