• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pos

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bina1177

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas

can I get the possession of marijuana case dropped it was roaches found in a store bought ash tray. There was also cigerette ashes in there as well. i wasnt in the car when they made their initial discovery. There were kids around and the officer made it a bigger issue. I wasn't smoking that evening. we had taken the kids to the lake to roast marshmellows. We met in seperate vehicles and I left my car outside the park to avoid paying 2 vehicle entrance fees. When I was dropped back off at my car the park ranger had called the police and rushed me soon as I opened my car door. sherriff looked at my eyes and said "well let me take a look here", then he searched the car over and under inside and out and came up with roaches inside of a small ashtray that was in the cup holder.

CdwJava

What were you charged with? If possession of marijuana, well, you admit that there was marijuana in the ashtray of your car. That's possession.

You are free to argue that someone broke into your car and left the marijuana roaches in your ashtray ... expect a giggle from the jury on that one.

Consult local counsel. An attorney might find a weakness in the prosecution's case. Perhaps the discovery of the roaches prior to contact with you was unlawful? Who knows? There may be an avenue out of this. or, you might have to seek deferral and drug counseling to get out of this.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">