• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

posession with intent to deliver, and manufacture of controlled substances

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PCRejuvenator

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montgomery county Pennsylvania

Hello.
I got a bad of marijuana for a friend which weighed 28 grams. It turned out he was wearing a camera and being an informant at the time. This is all that happened and nothing more. He met me i picked him up, drove him to my dealer, and got him the bag, then took him back to his car and left.

I am being charged with the following

Manufacture of controlled substance drug device of cosmetic(would not explain these 2 to me)

conspiracy @ manufacture of controlled substance drug device or cosmetic

possession or distribution of a small amount of marijuana(the 28 grams i sold him)

possession of drug paraphernalia (the bag the weed was in).

criminal use of communication(using my cell phone to setup the deal).

The officer told me i was looking at 3 felony's. I went to the local police station and they said the manufacture charges are put in there to intimidate me into snitching and will be dropped at court since they are not true, and that i will leave with the misdemeanors and no felony's.

I was wondering if this could be true and if this is something that is seem often or not? What do you think will happen? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PCRejuvenator

What statute numbers are you charged under?

not sure what you mean by this but if you would be so kind as to inform me where to find them i will do so promptly and get back to you within a few minutes.

PCRejuvenator

I believe this is what you are looking for but if not i will search some more, just let me know. Thanks a lot for the help so far.

manufacture of controlled substance drug device or cosmetic
35 P.S. 780-113(a)(30)

conspiracy @ manufacture of controlled substance drug device or cosmetic
Title 18, sec. 903 @ 35 P.S 780-113(a)(30)

Possession or distribution of a small amount of marijuana
35 P.S. 780-113(a)(30)(iii)

possession of drug paraphernalia
35 P.S. 780-113(a)(32)

criminal use of communication
S 18 (s looking thing)7512 (double s looking things)A

Last edited:

seniorjudge

...I went to the local police station and they said the manufacture charges are put in there to intimidate me into snitching and will be dropped at court since they are not true, and that i will leave with the misdemeanors and no felony's.

Two things:

Hire a lawyer

Do NOT talk to the cops unless your lawyer is with you!

PCRejuvenator

Hello,

Thanks for the advice.

I was charged in collegeville which is about 10-15 miles away from my house. I went to the local police station near my home that had no knowledge of my case and was not involved in any way with the charging to ask those questions. If that makes a difference, i just showed him the charge papers let him read the affidavit of probable cause for my arrest and asked him what he thought would come of it.

I have absolutely no cash to hire a lawyer. I actually got out or rehab a few months ago am doing well and started college to get more computer repair/maintenance certifications(my parents are funding my classes). I applied for a public defendant today and they told me i will have half an hour to speak with them before my preliminary hearing. I am not too sure how much good that can do.

I have no idea why i am being charged with manufacturing charges when all i did was middleman a bag of weed for someone?

Also i read that criminal use of communication is only a felony if it was used to commit a felony, is that true? I am kind of on my own so to speak with this and any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">