• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Posession of Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momof2boys1131

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD
Was pulled over in MD and police searched my car. Found a small amount of pot in my wallet and was arrested for posession. So was my friend who had alot more pot on him in his pocket. I know it was stupid and I have so much to lose from this. I'm a college student, I can't afford a lawyer and the pub defender said he wont meet with me until the morning of the trial. Some say I might get probation before judgement. Any info or advice would be much appreciated. If I am convicted I will lose everything!
Scared to death. Please help

mrb427

Hi, I'm in the same boat. I've heard that common penalties include fines, community service, probation, drug counseling... usually no jail time for small time possession.

Do you know if your citation was considered a civil infraction? Does the citation appear on your public record?

My possession has not appeared on my public record and I'm wondering if it will or not. I've heard conflicting opinions on the subject.

Anyways, our situations are similar so if I find anything out (my court date is in about 2 weeks) I'll let you know.

Charlie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">