• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Posession of marijuana (Wisconsin)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tehd00d

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

So about a week ago I got caught with 1 gram of weed on me and an underage drinking. It is first offense for both, so my fines might be lowered if I go to court, but I don't see either of them going away.

In this county, the underage drinking ticket leaves my record after 1 year automatically. So here is my question, as far as the marijuana ticket goes,
a) how long does it take for this to leave my record, if ever.
b) I was reading about getting it expunged so I don't have to have future employers find out about it. I've already seen the forms that would have to fill out if this were to happen. How long does someone have to wait after the charge to try to get it expunged and how difficult is it to? (example: I go a year without any more charges of any kind and then attempt to get it expunged) Would this be to short of a wait before trying? And would the judge grant it?
c) Is there anyway that a judge would give me a deferred sentence without a lawyer? And can I request it or does it have to be offered?

Whew...I know that's a lot...thanks for any help you guys can offer me.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">