• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Posession of a Narcotic

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cartman7432

Camp Verde, Arizona. Friend was pulled over in Camp Verde on 02/13/2010. I was in the front right passenger seat and our other friend was in the back left seat. They searched the car and found ecstasy stuffed in the back left seat where our friend was sitting. They charged all three of us with possession of a narcotic. The driver and owner of the car did give the police permission to search but how can I be charged if I was in the front passenger seat and the drugs were found stuffed in the back left seat cushion where somebody else was sitting? I was also taken to Camp Verde detention Center because of this and had to put up a 5,000 dollar bond to get out.

FlyingRon

Yes you can be charged, appears to be nothing improper here. You may have a legal defense, but it will take a lawyer to figure that out. We can't tell from a three sentence snippet of what happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">