• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Poss. of a Contr. Subst. Misdemeanor ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thegame91156

What is the name of your state?
CALIFORNIA

H&S 11377 (a)
I recently recieved a misdemeanor ticket for poss of a control substance and wasnt sure
of my date to appear in court. On the ticket the officer wrote 7-26-07 which i had thought looked like 9/26/07. Which turns out it is 7/26/07 and the officer made a mistake by putting that date which is the date before the day the violation occured. Can this be thrown out in court? I have called and was told that this was a mistake and that id be getting an "updated ticket" with a correct date.

Do i have a case?
Thank You

I was told by the officer that i would have to go in my own to get booked and that the judge would only sentence me to take some classes for up to a year? Is that true or can i expect worse.....

Last edited:

thegame91156

Thanks

I was told by the officer that i would have to go in my own to get booked and that the judge would only sentence me to take some classes for up to a year? Is that true or can i expect worse.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">