• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

poss. of a controlled sub.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

willy51991

texas. my girlfriend got arrested for a bottle of pills in my name, but didn't want to wait in jail until i bonded her out. So she signed for probation. Is there any way she can go back and appeal this charge?

Denny_Crane

Generally no. There are exceptions though. Like if information was withheld that would of effected her decision or if her plea was unknowing of what it entails or it was not voluntary

since im sure it was done correctly by a judge reading her rights and reading the charge, asking if she understands it to establish a record. I'm going to say shes stuck with whatever plea deal she took.

my best suggestion to you is for you and your girlfriend to have a consultation with a lawyer (usualy free) and ask about a motion to withdraw the guilty plea. He could probably give you your best advice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">