• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

poss. of a controlled substance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cracker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My sister and her boyfriend were pulled over 2 months ago. Her boyfriend was driving and was drunk. Instead of arresting them, they called them a cab, took her keys and parked her car. While doing all of this they found a bottle of skelaxin in her car. The skelaxin was given to my father by a neighbor like 5 years ago and my sister took it out of the house.

They arrested her last night for poss. of a controlled substance ( 893.13) I have two questions.

What can she expect when she goes to court as far as punishment, and more importantly,

What ramifications can my neighbor expect if any for her name being on the perscription bottle?

P.S. The charge does not state poss. of a controlled substance w/o a perscription so does that mean it is possible that my neighbor will hear nothing of this? She is a nice lady and I would hate to see her in trouble because my sister is stupid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">