• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Poss and DWLS w/Knowledge. Help!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brealnfla

What is the name of your state? Florida

So i was fixing buddy's car of mine as well as mine. Both are import turbo cars. We took them around the block to see how they felt...(we re-routed vacuum lines) I was behind him...were on back streets and he pulls off the side by a park. I pull up next to him ask him if everything is okay and then boom. 5 undercover cars swarmed up...jumped out of the car, handcuff us and searched us. I assumed since it was 2 imports they thought we were racing, so i started to explain we weren't racing, he says we know but your speeding. Well he wrote us both up on modified muffler ticket but no speeding ticket?? So what was there real reason to mess with us.?? Any chance to fight this??

Well i had 10 grams of weed and a suspended lisc (driving with a suspended lisc with knowledge). So they charged me with 2 misdemeanors and a ticket for modified exhaust. Then they let me go home with a court date after being very cooperative.

Also am i looking at anytime for this...im 25 and this is the first time ive been charged with anything.

Thanks
Brian

Last edited:

FlyingRon

If the tickets are fairly recent you probably may wish to talk to a lawyer as if you are judged a habitual traffic offender it's going to be a rather lengthy suspension. I'm not up on Florida drug laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">