• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Poss MJ 23222 (b)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DaBudMuch

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

23222 (b) cvc

Like a dumbass when the cop pulled me over I eat my weed (2gs). As he was asking for licence and reg, he saw the weed on my shirt so proceeded to search the car after putting in the back of his car.
They gathered about .5gs from both my car and mouth then sent me on my way.

Im 21 and nothing but driving infractions on my record and I believe I have stayed below the dmv record (point system).

I was wondering what i should do?

Go with Deferred entry of judgement and plead guilty sounds like the best trail to take. I'm obviously guilty and taking full responsibility while willing to NA before heiring.

Going into massage therapy also wondering how it may affect my licensing.

CdwJava

It is a one point violation on your driver's license.

Yes, deferred entry of judgment should be available per Prop 36 (PC 1000) and upon successful completion the matter will be dismissed. This also means that the one point on your license should not be applied unless you are ultimately convicted.

DaBudMuch

Thank you,
CdwJava

Will my court room provide me with the information needed for deferred entry of judgement? or just a simple guilty plea and the judge will decide?

so criminal charges are droped?

I work for places that finger print, how fast might it show up if at all? (them being notified)

CdwJava

Thank you,
CdwJava

Will my court room provide me with the information needed for deferred entry of judgement? or just a simple guilty plea and the judge will decide?

so criminal charges are droped?

I work for places that finger print, how fast might it show up if at all? (them being notified)
I cannot say how much if any info you might be provided at court. The best bet is always to consult an attorney before pleading or agreeing to anything.

If you are allowed to enter the DEJ and successfully complete the program, the case will be reopened and dismissed at the conclusion. Until then, you may have to suffer with a conviction on your record.

Unless you are fingerprinted (i.e. booked) for this offense, it should not show up on a fingerprint record check by an employer at the moment. However, depending upon the employer they might be notified later on after you have been printed. And you will alkmost certainly have to be printed if you prefer to go through the DEJ program.

You might also opt to just pay the fine and hope no one will care ... but, you just don't know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">