• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

poss of x with intent to deliver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dj_kid_atari

Michigan

sum it up quick

crashed car, had 500 in cash and 10 pills on me. i suffered concussion and didnt know where i put the money and cash. the car was toed to a lot. that night someone tried to break into the lot ( i think a kid i know is a narc and told his narc team i had drugs in the car) I goto the lot the next day to find out where my **** is and it is nowhere to be found. the cops show up and arrest the kid who i think is a narc. they leave me and my buddy to collect my possessions out of my car. no cash or pills to be found.

next thing i know like 2 weeks later some narcs show up at my door and question me about the crash and what was in my car. they show me the pills and my cash. they smelled marijuana in my house and called the cops.

i do the unthinkable and decided to work for the narcs and turn in some dirty meth and coke dealers. I have done some work for them however they are now impatient and are bringing the charges against me.

I know I should have handled the situation differently but I didnt know what to do at the time.

Now that I am informed I know what I should have done but dont know what to do now.

The only person I admitted to that the pills were mine was the narc officer, noone else.

What should I do next?

I know I need to get a great drug attorney, one that will let me pay over time. I can offer some money upfront. I have a steady job since this has happened and attend AA not court ordered 3 times a week and I do get a slip signed. I have also moved back home into my parents house to cleanup my life.

All these things are great from what the attorneys tell me. What kind of deal should I accept if they give me one.

I do not want to goto jail or prison, I would rather deal with house arrest and community service and probation for the rest of my life.

Thanks for any help -DJ:confused:

AlanShore

Michigan

sum it up quick

crashed car, had 500 in cash and 10 pills on me. i suffered concussion and didnt know where i put the money and cash. the car was toed to a lot. that night someone tried to break into the lot ( i think a kid i know is a narc and told his narc team i had drugs in the car) I goto the lot the next day to find out where my **** is and it is nowhere to be found. the cops show up and arrest the kid who i think is a narc. they leave me and my buddy to collect my possessions out of my car. no cash or pills to be found.

next thing i know like 2 weeks later some narcs show up at my door and question me about the crash and what was in my car. they show me the pills and my cash. they smelled marijuana in my house and called the cops.

i do the unthinkable and decided to work for the narcs and turn in some dirty meth and coke dealers. I have done some work for them however they are now impatient and are bringing the charges against me.

I know I should have handled the situation differently but I didnt know what to do at the time.

Now that I am informed I know what I should have done but dont know what to do now.

The only person I admitted to that the pills were mine was the narc officer, noone else.

What should I do next?

I know I need to get a great drug attorney, one that will let me pay over time. I can offer some money upfront. I have a steady job since this has happened and attend AA not court ordered 3 times a week and I do get a slip signed. I have also moved back home into my parents house to cleanup my life.

All these things are great from what the attorneys tell me. What kind of deal should I accept if they give me one.

I do not want to goto jail or prison, I would rather deal with house arrest and community service and probation for the rest of my life.

You answered your own question, hire a lawyer.

dj_kid_atari

What kinds of things should I be doing to prove that they are not going to have to deal with me again?

Letters from friends and family telling or my ethics and what kind of person I am?

Letters from employers stating my excellent work habits?

What kind of support system should I setup so that if I have to plead to a charge I can avoid jail time and prison.

Any advice would be appreciated. -DJ

dj_kid_atari

How long in intense in-house rehab and how much money does it cost?

In my case is it worth it to get the best lawyer I can afford
or because of my situation should I just get a court appointed one?

thanks for the replies

seniorjudge

Q: How long in intense in-house rehab and how much money does it cost?

A: I do not know.

Q: In my case is it worth it to get the best lawyer I can afford or because of my situation should I just get a court appointed one?

A: I do not know.

smutlydog

Michigan

sum it up quick

What should I do next?

You have done all the right things so far but what's missing is volunteer work. Trust me on this point ;)

Find a NON PROFIT organization that deals with addicts. That will look really good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">