• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possesion of >40 grams and para. in washington state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mark535

What is the name of your state? washington

i was stopped for a my lis.plate not mounted correctly then a muffler then a windshield ran my lis. found it to be suspended in the 3* i had no knowledge of this he took me in to custody and found a pipe in my sweater, put me in his squad car search the vehicale found .7-1.4g of pot stuffed in the seat duh, he offered to work with me and get the charges drop if i cooperated and gave them someone for dealing no problem right, wrong i talked to a detective from the local pd he tells me to plead not quilty, i do so cause i feel that im getting a deal, he tells me he will call me after friday after he returns from vac. he never called. i called the detective today and he tells me that he cant work with me cause i dont know anyone but, its like they expect me to be tight with a kingpin in a few days, I just moved to the town im in two months ago i have purchased pot here but really have not met anyone bigger just someone that knows were to get pot that sorta thing, i get a letter from the prosecution and they offer dropping the para charge if i plead guilty to possession and dwls 3* impose a fine 1k with 525 sus. including cost and assessments for a total of 475 on each count 90 days in jail with 89 sus. for 1 yr on the conditions of the sentence and obey all laws, blah blah the normal requirments, i am also on probation still for a felony 7 yrs ago that i just owe fines on what will happen to me if i plead guilty or do i have any recourse

CdwJava

Speak to an attorney before you agree to anything. It doesn't sound like a bad deal, but it's not a good one either. You COULD spend time in jail.

Best to consult an attorney.

- Carl

mark535

If I'm understanding this correctly.... you were offered a fine, 90 days in jail with 89 days suspended for a year... meaning you'd spend 1 day in jail.

I think I'd be more worried about this case resulting in the probation on the prior felony revoked and getting sent to prison.

But that's just me.
actually thats exactly what im worried about the two days in jail and a fine really dont matter its the other thing with still being on probation

mark535

Speak to an attorney before you agree to anything. It doesn't sound like a bad deal, but it's not a good one either. You COULD spend time in jail.

Best to consult an attorney.

- Carl
what kinda stuff will happen being that i still owe on the felony i served all the time, community service, and have not been in any other trouble

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">