• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possesion of alchohal ******* of a prosecuter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nstevf4i

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

I recently received a possesion of alchohal by a minor ticket just for being in attendance of a party. everyone in the premesis was given a ticket even if you didnt have alchohal remotely near you.

well i wanted to fight it so i went to a hearing and the prosecuter reduced it to 35 so instead of missing work to go to trial i decided to just pay it. well the prosecuter never notified me that if i did that i would lose my liscence for 30 days and have to pay 125 dollars to reinstate. since the ticket had nothing to do with driving i wouldnt have even guessed this would happen

is there anyway i can fight this i would have went to trial if i had known

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

I recently received a possesion of alchohal by a minor ticket just for being in attendance of a party. everyone in the premesis was given a ticket even if you didnt have alchohal remotely near you.

well i wanted to fight it so i went to a hearing and the prosecuter reduced it to 35 so instead of missing work to go to trial i decided to just pay it. well the prosecuter never notified me that if i did that i would lose my liscence for 30 days and have to pay 125 dollars to reinstate. since the ticket had nothing to do with driving i wouldnt have even guessed this would happen

is there anyway i can fight this i would have went to trial if i had known

How old are you??

Nstevf4i

19. hey ******* how am i suposed to know that a charge that doesnt have anything to do with a vehicle in anyway possible will result in me losing my liscense

Just Blue

19. hey ******* how am i suposed to know that a charge that doesnt have anything to do with a vehicle in anyway possible will result in me losing my liscense
Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. This statement is a legal standard.

cyjeff

I know.

And I was so busy being impressed by his mastery of dirty words that I neglected to mention that only an idiot would except a plea deal without asking about the penalty.

However,

I imagine this was the direct result of our friend being so sure of himself that he decided he didn't need legal counsel... because all a lawyer has, after all, is an education in the subject... but all they really are is blood suckers out to make a buck.

Because he did so much better on his own.

Enjoy walking. I actually had an answer for you, butterbean, but now I think I enjoy thinking about you walking for the next month.

outonbail

First of all sewer mouth, how did all these people get to the party, Camel back? So alcohol always ends up having something to do with driving.

But you shouldn't be so ticked off at anyone because you lost your driving privileges for 30 days. You would have lost them even if you went to trial, because everyone at the party was in possession of alcohol!

So don't come here with some know it all attitude and give us lip service. We didn't put you on the pavement, your friends and fellow party revelers did. So go give them your attitude princess!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">