• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possesion of Heroin

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kurtparn

My friend and I had recently got charged with possesion of heroin in the state of NJ. It is my first disorderly persons charge, and this was my only drug charge. So I should be walking away with minor charges like a probation officer, a few fines and whatever. My question is my friend had a couple of disorderly persons charges against him, do you guys think he can walk away with a first offense drug charge, like I can? Both of us are going to be attending outpatient meetings before the hearing to help our cases. Thank you in advance.

Just Blue

kurtparn said:
My friend and I had recently got charged with possesion of heroin in the state of NJ. It is my first disorderly persons charge, and this was my only drug charge. So I should be walking away with minor charges like a probation officer, a few fines and whatever. My question is my friend had a couple of disorderly persons charges against him, do you guys think he can walk away with a first offense drug charge, like I can? Both of us are going to be attending outpatient meetings before the hearing to help our cases. Thank you in advance.

How much did you have? What are the EXACT charges? And what priors do you have?

kurtparn

I dont think I will be walking away freely, I will probably walk away with probation, possibly outpatient, and some fines, but wont face jail time. The charge I got was 2C:35-10A which when I went to a site said it was the same as Marijuana possesion. I had a total of 9 bags, but they divided it to me having 5, and my friend having 4 bags. I never had any other charges against me, that's why I believe I will be walking away from the extreme penalties of this sort of case. My friend on the otherhand has had some other charges, such as; a DWI, a misdemeanour about breaking his sister's car window, and resisting arrest (fighting cops). Is he still eligible for first time offense on drug charges, or does his prior convictions erase any chance of that?

Last edited:

seniorjudge

kurtparn said:
I dont think I will be walking away freely, I will probably walk away with probation, possibly outpatient, and some fines, but wont face jail time. The charge I got was 2C:35-10A which when I went to a site said it was the same as Marijuana possesion. I had a total of 9 bags, but they divided it to me having 5, and my friend having 4 bags. I never had any other charges against me, that's why I believe I will be walking away from the extreme penalties of this sort of case. My friend on the otherhand has had some other charges, such as; a DWI, a misdemeanour about breaking his sister's car window, and resisting arrest (fighting cops). Is he still eligible for first time offense on drug charges, or does his prior convictions erase any chance of that?
Sounds like you are a major pusher...let's hope you go away for a long, long time.:)

CdwJava

It is NOT like marijuana ... the same section is used for marijuana, but a different subsection. This is (at least) a crime of the third degree in NJ and punishable by up to $35,000 fine and between 3 and 5 years in prison!!

There MAY be a diversion program in here, but since you were popped for what is arguably sales, I would hope that you do not walk away from this one with a 'gimme'.

- Carl

SCOOTERDOD

kurtparn said:
oh my god what a tard !!!!!!!!! sorry but thats how i sum it up yup 9 bags of heroin ok lets see are considered a dealer after a certain amount..... ok let me rephrase that ..it is considered posession with intent to deliver ...i can only hope you go for along time:p :p really do and to hang out with a frind like that pfffffffff and correct me if im wrong but dont nj have a 3 strike rule if they do then your friend is gone for along time ...and i can only hope you do to ..i tell it like it is

AHA

kurtparn said:
I would hope that you have learned something from this, apart from thinking you'll walk away without serious consequences.
STOP SELLING DRUGS

NotSoNew

i had an ex arrested with 5 bags of heroin, first offense. he was sentenced to 5 years in a state prision. lets hope you get the same ;)

kurtparn

Ok... Sorry I had the 9 bags in my pocket. But they were divided among me and my friend, therefore i was charged with 5, and my friend was charged with 4 bags. I already went to court, and it got transferred to municipal court. Therefore, I believe that since this is my first offense I should be getting off easily, not fully. Since I have gotten arrested, I have signed up to see a shrink, about my depression issues, and I am gonna substitute the illegal narcotic, with a legal prescription from my shrink. I do believe I will get away with PTI. I talked to a lawyer on the phone, he said the same thing, that I could be walking away with PTI, or I may not since it is in fact heroin. The truth is, that where I was caught, there were 1000's of people caught, and they dont have the room to keep someone locked away for posession charges, when there are far worse people. I didn't hurt any one, other then myself. I was not dealing, nor did I plan on delivering the H. I have quit using it since my arrest. Basically I am getting my life back on track. Thanks for all the responses. Negative or positive, it is all positive to me, as it states that people do care...

kurtparn

Also just for the record, 9 bags is not a lot, I used to shoot 3 bags at once, so 9 bags would have probably lasted me the day.

yve

Pti

in my experience, being on your end, of a similar situation i got PTI_ pretrial intervention, basically pay fines, be good, stay clean and it will be expunged from your record. I think your friend may get the same. my friend had prior convictions on H possession in another state, and a DUI in NJ and when busted for H possession in nj He still got PTI. Just be ready for some aggravation, but it shouldn't be too bad, as long as you stay out of trouble.

2901bruce

kurtparn said:

Hey Kurtparn! When you get to Rahway State Prison, in New Jersey, make sure
you always sleep on your back. This way - you won't give up the "Boo-tay"!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">