• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possesion of Heroin - Possible Outcome? Help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thesparrow2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

My boyfriend is charged with posession of heroin. He was released on his own recognizance, his court date is October 13th. He has been appointed a public defender. His boss at first said he was suspended, now he says he can work in non-port facilities only. I've been doin some research, looking through the official rules of DPSST certification. The rules state you cannot be licensed if in the last ten years you:

"(d) Have been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony involving the unlawful use, possession, delivery or manufacturing of a controlled substance, or a misdemeanor or felony of similar elements, in this or any jurisdiction: 475.525 (Sale of Drug Paraphernalia), 475.991 (Unlawful Delivery of Imitation Controlled Substance), 475.992 (Prohibited Acts, Manufacturing or Delivering of a Controlled Substance within 1,000 feet of School), or an equivalent crime with similar elements in another jurisdiction."

He had some distribution charges that went on "no complaint" about a year and a half ago. So for this charge I believe he is still considered a first-time offender. If sent to "drug court" how does that show up on your record? And how can crimes be expunged in Oregon, and once expunged how truly gone is it?

He's charged with a class B felony, and I don't know what the typical sentences are for that in my area. Any advice? I know we had a friend that had a minor drug record and he still got sentenced to drug court, so maybe that is hopeful.

The charge came from when I overdosed and emergency services arrived. He was charged with possession, but I was not. Which I think is unfair, but lucky.
Any advice is appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">