• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possesion i didnt know about

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kdogg

i live in arizona...a party i threw got a little wild and the back yard caught on fire. of course everybody split and the cops and firemen showed up... a guy left about a 20 sac and i didnt know... one of the firemen saw and gave it to the cop so he said i would get the possesion charge then he just left. i never signed a ticket or any sort of form and i never got notice in the mail of a court date. then i was arrested for having a bench warrrant since i didnt show up for court. when i go for my new date can i get the charged dropped since 1.it wasnt my stuff and i had no idea it was there and 2.i never signed anything and never got a notice of the first court date... thanks loads kdogg

F

FKNA

Looks like they don't have a case since you didn't sign any ticket. So yes, I think you can get that charge dropped. Show up to court and talk to the DA...see what evidence they have against you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">