• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possesion of marijuana?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

weeblet

Virginia... I was caught with a very small ammount of marijuana by an officer in VA. He took it, and told me he was going to send it to a lab to be tested, so he could be sure it was real marijuana. He also gave me ticket for littering. (i threw a taco out the window of my car) he gave me a court date for the litterign charge, but told me nothing about the marijuana, other than he was sending it out to be tested. after this, he told me to go back home. is there any way to find out if i am going to be charged with possesion of marijuana or not? if so, what can i expect? Fines? Community service? i am 17, and have a clean record so far. thanks!

F

FKNA

Let me tell you where the testing has taken place. Hopefully it was AFTER his shift.....he went home and sparked up that doobie of yours. That's how he tested it.

Pay your littlering ticket and move on with life.

W

weeblet

well...

you really think he did that? or did he prolly just get rid of it? anyone else have any ideas?

M

Mikedani

If you did not receive a ticket for the marijuana, I would not worry about it.

F

FKNA

Yes, I really believe that's what he did with it. If he was going to get rid of it, he would of most likely destroyed it in front of you.

Learn a lesson from this....next time you get busted, it could be by a cop that frowns heavily upon drugs. Come across a cop like that, your butt is going to jail. By all means, not a lecture...just something you might want to keep in mind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">