• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possesion Marijuana, Dearborn Indiana - Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zachisintrouble

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

So last weekend I was pulled over for expired tags.. Upon the cop seizing my car to be impounded and doing the ever so lovely.. "Inventory" search, the officer found a very small amount of pot, along with a bowl an some papers. I am being charged with 2 misdemeanors ( Class A for both ). at my arraignmen I had NO clue what i was doing, and everyone else plead not guilty.. so i did too. now i have a pre trial an a trial. i just dont want to go to jail, i would be FINE with probation, or a drug court, or community service or drug classes or anythinig.. I have had no priors. basically i am wondering what will my sentence be. or what should i do? should i find an attorney ( i'm broke too ). for a public defender they say i have to try an get one at my pre trial.. thats a month away. Please someone help me with some advice ! the reason i dont want even 7 days of jail.. is i am in methadone rehab, an 7 days without it would be HELL. Please give me advice asap !!!!! thanks !!!

xylene

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

So last weekend I was pulled over for expired tags.. Upon the cop seizing my car to be impounded and doing the ever so lovely.. "Inventory" search, the officer found a very small amount of pot, along with a bowl an some papers. I am being charged with 2 misdemeanors ( Class A for both ). at my arraignmen I had NO clue what i was doing, and everyone else plead not guilty.. so i did too. now i have a pre trial an a trial. i just dont want to go to jail, i would be FINE with probation, or a drug court, or community service or drug classes or anythinig.. I have had no priors. basically i am wondering what will my sentence be. or what should i do? should i find an attorney ( i'm broke too ). for a public defender they say i have to try an get one at my pre trial.. thats a month away. Please someone help me with some advice ! the reason i dont want even 7 days of jail.. is i am in methadone rehab, an 7 days without it would be HELL. Please give me advice asap !!!!! thanks !!!
You need to get your life straightened out.

I would actually say your probability of jail is HIGHER on the tag violation.

You need a lawyer to act on your behalf.

Zachisintrouble

Yeah thats why i'm in methadone rehab.. I have Chronic migranes an induldged in pain killers to help me get from day to day. I go to the chiropractor once a week an have tried just about everything for headaches. I have been clean from opiates for quite some time now, just every now an then i smoke a little pot. but after this i have no intentions of ever smoking again.

As for the tags.. i just have to pay a fine, thats all. already have my car back out of impound an thats all takin care of. I just am soley trying to figure out what to do about these 2 misdemeanors. I really cant afford a lawyer.. should i just plea guilty at the pre trial an take the sentence? or can i have the 2 misdemeanors combined?

I want nothing more than to have my life back. i've been struggling with drugs an pain an hell since i was 15. an i'm 21 now. i dont even remember living a normal life. I cant wait for the day i'm out of this clinic 100% drug free an back in college an leading a productive life. i just want all of this behind me.

Zachisintrouble

I was wondering.. Can i just contact the prosecutor an try an get them to put me on probation? i was reading about conditional release where you do a probation term instead of going to trial? or who can contact to do this? and why do they keep telling me to have a lawyer do it? why the hell can't i just put in the request? i can't afford a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">