• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possesion and other charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cinluhu

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
2 1/2 yrs ago I was into drugs unfortunatly**************.I was arrested when I made a buy in downtown Pittsburgh,an undercover seen the sale by standing on the corner it was done by both cars passing one another and throwing the money in the dealers car and him throwing the drugs in my car while at a red light...he evidently called other officers in a marked car who stopped us (me and another guy) searched us and took us to jail when I got to the jail the officers found more in my shirt pocket which the cop did not take (I thought he got all of it) so they then charged me with contriband as well as possesion,intent to deliver and delivery (states I delivered it to the other guy in the car) they also got him for the same charges except contriband....so I get a lawyer we go to the peliminary hearing ...undercover is there with Da ...both state they don't want me they want the dealer (should have stopped him too) but says if I make a buy they will drop all charges sinse I have no prior convictions etc I was a little apprenhensive considering it was a little risky but in leiu of the rest of my life I agrred. I was to call precincit to set it up which I did on numerous occasions until the next peliminary hearing... the undercover never called me back....we went to court and the undercover said let's try again this time my lawyer told me to start documenting when we called until the next court date....I did 25 calls were made to the undercover with no return call by this time I have gone to rehab and turned my life around and did not deal with these people anymore but was still willing to do what I needed to do. In the meantime this peliminary hearing has been reschedule like 4 timesand I have not been formally arrained...but to the court looks like I requested for these continuenses which I guess I did too but for the most part it was because of one problem after another ...the undercover was on vacation or undercover (?) and couldn't do it etc.. Then my lawyer didn't show up for the next date of court and sent someone who to this day I don't remember his name ...says oh I have it under control I have studied the case and know what me and your lawyer talked about and has the peliminary hearing with the arresting officer (the undercover did not come) has him testify questioned him about the contriban etc says I should have told him there was more before he got to the jail even though he searched me etc....so now I am formally charged with this and they said I would be notified about a court date. In the meantime I have relocated to Ga which the court knows so I am not there anymore....I kept calling my lawyer who never called me back ...his secretary said she was giving him the messages now several months have passed....so I called the court...come to find out he (my lawyer) had attended a pre trial conference which evidentley I was suppose to attend in which the court had put out a warrant for my arrest unbenounced to me the lawyer got it fixed somehow all without my knowledge. The peliminary hearing was in Jan and the pretrial conference was in April I called in July and found out I was to be in court the following week again.. I called my lawyer and questioned his secretary again and was mad....well this time he called me back and told me to quit harrassing his secretary and that he didn't know what I was going to get out of this ...that I should just go and get it overwith and take my "licks"....how do ya like that? So I called another lawyer told him everything....he said "don't worry about it " I will represent you for a FEE (large I might add) I will get it continued since I am new counsel until I get all the facts.I specifically asked him do I need to come because I would have ...he said no I will handle it. Well he said the judge wasn't too happy but that he would inform me of another date but the judge said he has had 3 lawyers and wants this thing to drag on ...so the judge already hates me. Well same thing happens I call my lawyer he never calls me back only I don't even get his secretary. In sept I called my bailbondsman he says you have had a warrant out fot your arrest since July. Here this lawyer told the judge I had "car trouble" and couldn't make the hearing!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE :eek:So now the judge really hates me .I spoke to the attorney several more time because he said he was going to get it lifted and petition the court to drop the charges (yeah right) but not to come back up yet. So I didn't But I had to find out through the bailbondsman. Anyway after several weeks the laywer and bondsman stated it was taken care of and reinstated.Months go by I call the attorney and bondsman at Christmas to make sure the bond is ok because I am going home to visit.I live in Ga with my parents . I work full time 10 hrs a day 6 days a week I bought a car and really have made great progress in my life but I want this taken care of.It feels like a monkey on my back ...I don't want a felony to follow me for the resyt of my life.I made a mistake...a BIG mistake but I am trying to do the right thing. This incidence happened 2 1/2 yrs ago
Anyway we are now almost a yr since this new lawyer has taken over...I spoke to him 2 times since hiring him and both he and the bailbondsman lied ...this warrant was NEVER resolved and the lawyer just this week said the court will not consider anything until this is resolved. I am going to turn myself in .....I can't take anymore I feel like I could have done all this without the lawyers help.. They told me to come up and on Fri turn myself in to Allegheny County Jail. They said it is just a matter of paperwork and the bondsman said he will bail me back out...it is just a formality. Does any member have any advice for me or know what my chances are? The lawyer now says I may get 15 yrs!!!!!!! These drugs were for personal use only...not sale and/or delivery It was heroin street value of 200 dollars thank you for any advice and/or direction I may go
One thing I do know is I am reporting this unethical behavior....I am going to pay for the lie the lawyer told to the court...even if he would have told me I could have went immediatley to take care of it **************1 week is better than 1 yr

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">