• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possesion of paraphernalia misdimeanor - diversion?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

natedogg144

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

My situation is as follows:

About six months ago, while camping in the woods, a cop came upon our campsite while we were in possession of marijuana. I received what he referred to as a 'ticket', that was immediately payable by mail. He told us that he was going easy on us and that these tickets would be treated 'just like traffic tickets', in that they are payable and, I assume, forgotten about. (?) I had no court date or anything assigned, just a payable fine.

I've now accrued a possession of paraphernalia six months later, which is a class A misdimeanor under KY law. I've been told that this is eligible for diversion if it is my first offense. What I don't know is whether or not my previous 'marijuana ticket' constitutes a previous offense that would consequently deem me ineligible for diversion. Am I still eligible for diversion? If not, and this is my first 'misdimeanor' in the form of poss. of para., what kind of consequences am I facing? I am very concerned. Thanks for any advice.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I suggest you ask your attorney about this. And I also suggest that you seek help for your drug-use problem.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

My situation is as follows:

About six months ago, while camping in the woods, a cop came upon our campsite while we were in possession of marijuana. I received what he referred to as a 'ticket', that was immediately payable by mail. He told us that he was going easy on us and that these tickets would be treated 'just like traffic tickets', in that they are payable and, I assume, forgotten about. (?) I had no court date or anything assigned, just a payable fine.

I've now accrued a possession of paraphernalia six months later, which is a class A misdimeanor under KY law. I've been told that this is eligible for diversion if it is my first offense. What I don't know is whether or not my previous 'marijuana ticket' constitutes a previous offense that would consequently deem me ineligible for diversion. Am I still eligible for diversion? If not, and this is my first 'misdimeanor' in the form of poss. of para., what kind of consequences am I facing? I am very concerned. Thanks for any advice.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">