• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possesion of weed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kneeahh

My boyfriend about a year and a half ago got a ticket for having MJ. He basically only had a bit of shake left and the cop was gonna let him go with a warning. However, his idiot of a friend started saying things and my boyfriend ended up getting a ticket. He never showed up to court, (we live in CA) and well, now we are trying to see what is gonna happen if he goes to court tomorrow all on his own. The reason he is also finally going, is because he found out he had a warrant, (tried to get his license renewed and DMV wouldn't let him due to it, obviously). So, what can we expect? Will they just have him pay the fines and not get arrested, or will have to set up a court date, and/or get arrested?

Isis1

My boyfriend about a year and a half ago got a ticket for having MJ. He basically only had a bit of shake left and the cop was gonna let him go with a warning. However, his idiot of a friend started saying things and my boyfriend ended up getting a ticket. He never showed up to court, (we live in CA) and well, now we are trying to see what is gonna happen if he goes to court tomorrow all on his own. The reason he is also finally going, is because he found out he had a warrant, (tried to get his license renewed and DMV wouldn't let him due to it, obviously). So, what can we expect? Will they just have him pay the fines and not get arrested, or will have to set up a court date, and/or get arrested?
when the boyfriend called the courthouse, what did they say? is there a bail amount?

Kneeahh

They did not want to give him an amount over the phone. They said he would have to come to the court, to the collections(Is that the name?) part of the court to be notified how much he owes and so on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">