• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possesion without possesing (Continued)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Adam21482

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Alabama

Sorry,I didn't mean to close my last thread but it's open now.Please can anyone help!?I'm kinda freakin out!I can't afford to go to jail.Someone has to take care of my mother and I'm the only one available to do it.I have a brother but after all she has done for him he won't help take care of her so Im kinda on my own!

cheliebely

Okay, when you say your mother has a perscription, does that mean that the pills were there in a bottle that was clearly marked with her name on it? Was the perscription bottle in her bag, and did that bag have her ID in it? Why did they stop you to begin with, and what was the cause for searching your vehicle?

Adam21482

Sorry,I think my description was a little vague!

No.We simply did not have any pills what so ever.Mom has a prescription but she was completely out and had to go to to the doctor to pick up her refill perscription.They arrested me simply for the crusher that had been used to crush her med.when she actually had some.The bag did not have her I.D in it but her insulin that was in the bag had her name on it.I know it sounds like I'm making this up but I swear it's true!!As for why they stoped us,we were already stoped waiting for my ex-stepfather to come unlock a gate going up to our house.They said that they saw us and were just checking to make sure everything was alright.That's when they saw mom's bag and that it had her insulin syringe in it.They said that gave them probable cause but they didn't check to see that she had a perfectly legal and legit use for it!Gnome Sane!?

Last edited:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Why don't you stick to a single thread? You are not going to get many responses if people have to read two threads to get all of your information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">