• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession 1st offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lennon1984

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
SC

What can I expect in South Carolina with a traffic stop with a seat belt violation and also Possession of 1 oz or less of marijuana, first offense

I'm 18. What are the chances of ever getting this removed from my record?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

Last edited:

nimra

I think your chances of getting it removed are quite good it being your first offense and you being 18.

Possession of that amount is the lightest of drug possessions and for that amount the likely outcome would be Conditional Discharge.

How Conditional Discharge works is that your charges are held in pause for 6mo. - 2 years (usually 1 year) and during that time you have to stay out of trouble meaning no police contact or charges etc. If you do happen to get into trouble during this period of time, your Conditional Discharge is forfeited and the new charges + the possession charge will come back up in court.

So pretty much you get a second chance. When the Conditional Discharge period is finished, your charges are dropped and you can forget it ever happened.

Best of luck to you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">