• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of adderall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

livelife13

What is the name of your state? PA
l live in southampton Pa but got in trouble in Northampton Pa.

I was at my girl friends senior prom an i was carrying around her bag that neather me or her had an recolection that there was adderall in the bag. So i am 17 an she is 18 an i walked out to the car to grab her camera and a staff member from the school asked to follow me out to the car an i said that was fine. So where walking back an i am talking to the staff member an then she gets another staff member to come over an they ask if they can serch my bag. I told them this isnt my bag so i cant give you permission to serch it an i dont know whats in it. They said if i want to go back inside they have to serch it so me not thinkin there was anything in it said fine. They found an eye glass case with 6 adderall in it. Once again i had no idea at all that these where in there. So they went in an grab my girlfriend out of prom an started asking questions. They then told me they were arresting my because i was in possession of the controlled substance. The police came an never read me my rights they hand cuffed me an took me to the station where they took my finger prints an photo with out informing my parents with what they were doing. Now i am getting charged with Possession of a controlled substance. Is there anything i can do to get out of this? Or an help you can give me? an no she does not have a perscription.
Thanks
Andre

CdwJava

livelife13 said:
The police came an never read me my rights
Contrary to television, an arrest does not automatically result in the reading of your rights (though I am told by NYPD detectives that it is their department's policy to actually read Miranda when they arrest someone). Miranda is only required when you are both in custody (i.e. under arrest) AND being interrogated. If they asked you incriminating questions after you were arrested, your attorney can move to have those statements suppressed if they try to use them against you in court later on.

they hand cuffed me an took me to the station where they took my finger prints an photo with out informing my parents with what they were doing.
They don't have to do that right away. Besides, your parents could not have prevented that even if they wanted to.

Now i am getting charged with Possession of a controlled substance. Is there anything i can do to get out of this? Or an help you can give me?
Beg mom and dad to hire an attorney for you. And expect to be doing a LOT of work to pay them back. This will probably cost them more than $5,000 for an attorney if it goes to court ... that's a lot of extra chores or extra jobs this summer and beyond!

- Carl

CdwJava

livelife13 said:
so there what charges do you think i will face?
I presume they already told you. I am not from your state so I do not know the exact code sections (nor am I inclined to search for them), but I suspect that it shall be a felony charge of possession of a controlled substance or a prescription medication without a prescription.

As I said, you will need an attorney.

- Carl

gawm

stephenk said:
Is your girlfriend admitting the drugs are hers or is she letting you take the fall?
She had him carrying around her purse all night, he is whipped enough to take the fall for her!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">