• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of Cannabis under 20 grams

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Flagem333

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was giving a friend and his friend a ride home when I was pulled over for speeding. When the officer asked if he could search the car I told him no problem as I wasn't worried about it because I don't do drugs. Three officers brought the dog over and the dog reacted so the officers had me and only me leave the car, leaving the two guys in the car and they searched me. I had nothing on me so they went back to the car and searched the car and found less than 20 grams of cannabis in the upper sun glass visor over the middle console. The guys denied it was thiers and so i got the possession charge. The officers left these guys unattended in my car while they searched me, I was given a notice of appearence but not taken to jail. On my notice they had the wrong address and one of the guys drivers license numbers instead of mine. I went to the police department to get a copy of the arrest report, they had the right info on it but it differed from the carbon copy I received that night. The narrative from the officer was also blank giving no indication of arrest details or occupants in my car. I found out later that one of the guys had been arrested in April for tampering with evidence when he was caught in another car with drugs. I have never been arrested and only received a warning for the speeding. I pled not guilty at the first appearence and do not want to pled guilty to a drug charge when I am clean. I will see a public defender on July 3rd but was wondering if I have a case to get this dismissed. Any advice would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">