• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of a controlled substance in OR?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lisajane

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? OR
My husband was questioned and searched because a police officer SUPPOSEDLY saw him snorting cocaine in the bathroom, in a locked stall, and dropped a few particles on the floor. After my husband came out of the bathroom, he wandered through the public building where we were all gathered (the whole town, practically!), sat down with some friends, and was tapped on the shoulder by a police officer. That was when they questioned him, found a rolled up 10 dollar bill with residue on it, looked up his nose, told him to go home and they would be in contact with us. I am SICK about this... it has been over a week and we have not been contacted. The officer was going to take my husband's information to the DA and be in touch. Do they even have a case against him? My husband said nobody was in the bathroom when he was in there. No police were guarding the bathroom after he left, so the substance they tested afterward, on the floor, could have come from any of the thousand people that were there. Should we get a lawyer now? Or wait until they show up at the door? Will they arrest him when they show up at the door? They didn't read him his rights or anything... somebody please give me advice. If he goes to jail, I will lose my house, and my sons & I will be homeless... HELP?

CdwJava

They probably aren't going to charge him.

But unless you want your fears to come to pass you need to either kick the doper to the curb or get him in to treatment ASAP. Anything that befalls the two of you is his doing and no one else's.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">