• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of Controlled Substance, Possession of Paraphenalia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dharma yum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

So, we were pulled over. We were asked to step outside of the vehicle and were searched. Syringes were found, which provided probable cause to search the vehicle. 3 grams of heroin were found and we were promptly arrested and booked (on an interesting note, I have no memory of my miranda rights ever being read, the officer simply said "you're under arrest for possession of narcotics...)

The vehicle does not belong to me and I was not driving.

I am being charged with possession of narcotics (felony) and possession of paraphenalia. I have one prior charge (possession of marijuana).

What do you think my chances are of fighting this or appealing for a misdemeanor, and if convicted what do you think would be a likely sentence?

I have very little financial resources to afford a real lawyer unfortunately.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

So, we were pulled over. We were asked to step outside of the vehicle and were searched. Syringes were found, which provided probable cause to search the vehicle. 3 grams of heroin were found and we were promptly arrested and booked (on an interesting note, I have no memory of my miranda rights ever being read, the officer simply said "you're under arrest for possession of narcotics...)

The vehicle does not belong to me and I was not driving.

I am being charged with possession of narcotics (felony) and possession of paraphenalia. I have one prior charge (possession of marijuana).

What do you think my chances are of fighting this or appealing for a misdemeanor, and if convicted what do you think would be a likely sentence?

I have very little financial resources to afford a real lawyer unfortunately.
**A: your chances are poor. Request a court appoionted attorney.

dharma yum

I already have done that.

If convicted what do you thing they will do with me? Probation? Jail? What's the standard in this kind of case?

djevans

hmm

well, based on your record, and what you said the cops justify how harsh your penalty will be.

There really isn't much you can do now, as the courts have way tooooooo many people going in and out of court that they really don't care about you.

Most of the courts will side with the officer as it is corrupt.

your best bet is to get a lawyer, and plea bargain with the prosecutor. That's usually all lawyers usually do - Talk about an easy job - and then they golf the rest of the day haha.

But seriously - if the officer can't prove who the drugs belong to, every one gets charged with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">