• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession Of a Controlled Substance (Suboxone)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Luis002

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hello everyone, so three days ago I was arrested for possession of a controlled substance ( 1 suboxone 8mg) suboxone is semi opiate which is used to treat withdrawals from opiates. Sadly, I admit I was using heroin but I was trying to make changes but the police caught me with a suboxone. I'm 19 years old, and have no prior record anywhere on this planet, not even a juvenile record. The police told me they were watching me when I pulled up to according to them a known drug dealing whole. They never saw me buy it, but saw me speaking to the dealer. As I left they pulled me over a few blocks away from where I had just bought it, they put me in cuffs and searched my car for at least 30 minutes, until they decided to do a "nut check" they checked my underwear where I was hiding it and found it.

Now I'm being charged with a felony, I don't know what to do... I was released last night on pre trial services. They told me I have to present myself at drug court this coming tuesday. As I stated before this is the first time i've ever been arrested, do you guys think I have a chance at getting this removed from my record? The police said if I work with them they will help me, I'm worried though, 'cause what if they find out it was me who snitched? They say under the confidential informant program they cant find out, what do you guys think I should do? One of the inmates were also telling me since I got referred to drug court, that after completing drug court my charges would be dismissed or dropped, what do you guys think I should do?

cyjeff

Stop looking to inmates for your legal advice.

Instead, plead not guilty on Tuesday and ask for a public defender.

Luis002

thanks for taking your time to post but id like to know what you guys think, what you said doesn't really help me. And a lot of inmates understand how the system works, especially the ones whome have been through it countless times. The dude who told me this got a cocaine charge of possession and intent to sell, his charge is worse than mines therefore im assuming id recieve the same oppurtunity he did. Id appreciate some more advice from you guys.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">