• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession and criminal conspiracy charge.. I need advice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hgzkiss43

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska

Ok, well my boyfriend was in a car with his friend, and his friend was driving. It was his friend's car, and everything was in the guy's name. They were stopped for a traffic violation, and upon searching the car, the police found a huge amount of meth. I think like 3 or 4 ounces to be exact.. Give or take. The drugs were in a can I think.. and the driver(boyfriend's friend) stuck the can under the back of my boyfriend's seat when they were stopped. They both were arrested and let go on bond. My boyfriend jumped his bond, but his friend went back to court. I have no idea what ever happened to his friend, but I do know that he is out and walking around a free man for the time being. My boyfriend was recently caught up on some things and now has a hold for his warrants that he had. His charges are possession of a controlled substance and criminal conspiracy. They're bad charges, and we don't know what to do to possibly lighten his sentence. Can you please tell me what our options may be, or what we could possibly do??What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Abd ul-Shadiid

reason for search?

Why was a search of the vehicle conducted in the first place? In my experience, this doesn't usually happen unless there's something that raises a red flag in the cop's mind. Did the boys give consent to a search, or did the cops claim probable cause/stop-and-frisk, etc.?

First of all, I would recommend that your boyfriend turn himself in as soon as possible. Things will only get worse if he doesn't. Also, he MUST get a good criminal lawyer. Now. He may be able to challenge the search-and-seizure.

In any event, he needs to either a) quit using meth or b) quit riding in cars with "friends" who do so.

Best of luck to you--I hope you're not wrapped up in your bf's messy lifestyle!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">