• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of drug paraphenalia and drug tested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JJI1990

Arizona - I was 17 at the time this incident happend back on Dec 28, 2007. I am now 18. I was recently served a summons to appear in July for initial appearance. I was summoned with a felony 6 for drug paraphenalia and a felony 6 for substance found in my system. (Marijuana) The drug paraphenelia was a small bag with a few little twigs and seeds that was found under my seat of my car. No big quanity. I spoke with a lawyer briefly and he told me I would see no jail time but if i admit to my guilt that they would give me probation and drug rehab classes and even drop the charges to a misdermeanor being it is my first offense. Could you advice me a little.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

The Occultist

The lawyer you spoke with was correct. Arizona is very friendly to first-time offenders of non-violent crimes.

When you go in to court (appropriately dressed, of course), the judge will ask how you plead. At that point, request a Pretrial Conference. You will be assigned a new date and will meet with the prosecutor(s) who will very likely offer you Deferred Prosecution, which consists of taking a drug class, some fines, and a [very light] probation, the successful completion of which will have the charges dismissed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">