• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of Ecstasy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

e38826

Hi,
Please help with my dilemna. I was riding in my car and a friend was driving. We were on a Federal Hwy. and hit a checkpoint. One of the officers smelled marijuana and asked me where it was. I had my wallet in my hand and was getting out my insurance card, he then told me to get out of the car and pulled my friend(female college student) out of the car. They found less than an ounce of mj and 3 ecstasy pills with 2 sleeping pills in my car. They towed the car, took us to jail. A narcotics agent came to the jail and I told her it was mine, not to get my friend in trouble. The agent looked in the little bottle where the 5 pills(3ecstasy/2opana) and counted and then stated 5 ecstasy pills, i said nothing. They charge me with felony possession of a controlled substance($5000)(circuit court) and misdemeanor possession of mj(justice court) and my friend with DUI other. I am an engineer, a single father, first time offender. What do I do? What kind of advice can be offered. I work in one state and live in another. My son lives with me and has since he was 6 months old. I have an appointment with a reputable lawyer next week. I could use any advice that would be helpful. Thank you

FlyingRon

See the lawyer and remain silent unless he tells you to speak. You're in a heap of trouble boy.

The fact that two of the pills are a schedule II narcotic instead of all being all schedule I isn't really going to help much.

You failed to indicate your state, so we can't give much more detail. I'm sure you feel fine with paying $5000 fine, but there is also the possibility of jail time, and record of a felony drug conviction. In many states you're also going to lose your driver's license.

You are going to need the lawyer to defend yourself against felony drug charges and possibly a different one to help you with your child protection issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">