• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession and intent to sell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

minorson

What is the name of your state? tennessee

my son was arrested for marijuana posession and intent to sell. he had 3.5 ounces. everybody gave him money at a graduation party to go buy it, not to resell but for all of them to use at the party. he is 17 but will be 18 in june. what will happen in court? will he be tried as an adult? this is his 1st offence for anything.

M

mikkey5

And since your son was socially promoted to graduate high school, what do did you expect?

He had no business graduating, or else he would have had a lick of common sense to say NO to this stupidity. High school diplomas are worthless today, and your son proves it.

So get used to him screwing up and you bailing him out of jail.

D

dfassino

I don't think that kind of sarcastic answer was quite what they were looking for. You are supposed to help people with a problem and give advice, not talk down to them.

HomeGuru

You must understand that mikkey5 is really happyroach the forum troll. If he had even half a brain and used it, he would sound much smarter. The number 5 is his IQ.

D

Diney

How Did Arraignment Go

Hello Minorson,

We're in the same situation and I know how you feel. How did the arraignment go? Did you hire a lawyer?

M

minorson

hello diney,

he was taken to a juvenile facility right then. i have cried my eyes out. we have a detainment hearing monday morning to see if he can come home with me until the hearing. pray for him! he made a mistake. a big one. and he knows it. your the reason i wrote in. thank you for caring. yes, we did hire a lawyer. don't go without one.

minorson

Last edited:

HomeGuru

minorson said:
HELLO DINEY,

HE WAS TOOK TO A JUVENILE FACILITY RIGHT THEN. I HAVE CRIED MY EYES OUT. WE HAVE A DETAINMENT HEARING MOMDAY MORNING TO SEE IF HE CAN COME HOME WITH ME UNTIL THE COURT DATE. PRAY FOR US! HE MADE A MISTAKE. YOUR THE REASON I WROTE IN. THANK YOU FOR CARING. YES WE HAVE HIRED A LAWYER. DON'T GO WITHOUT ONE.

MINORSON
**A: read the red words at the top of the page.

D

Diney

Dear Minorson,

I don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying that when you went to the arraignment, they took him directly to the juvenile facility and had him stay there? Why? What was their reasoning behind it. Did he plead guilty? Did they assign you a public defender? You mentioned that this is his first drug offense. Why would they do that?

M

minorson

remember this is the state of tennessee. they take juvenile cases very seriously. it is just up to the judge. i think he was trying to teach him a lesson. this has scared the crap out of him. it is a felony in this state. he told him if he had been an adult it could be alot worse. did you speak to a lawyer? We could not get an attorney until after the arrainment. also, make sure they did read your daughter her miranda rights when she was taken in. did they question her without her parent or guardian being there? that's a no-no in tennessee.

minorson

D

Diney

My gosh! I am so sorry. My daughter's arraignment is not until next Thursday. I hope they don't take her directly to a juvenile facility. Did your son plead guilty to the charge?

D

Diney

Dear Minorson,

Another question I have for you - where was he arrested? Was he in school or close to school? That makes a big difference. In California, possession with intent to sell is also a felony. I just didn't realize how harsh they can be - this is your son's first drug offense. Did the judge mention his previous offense during the arraignment?

M

minorson

they didn't ask him what he plead. he wasn't near a school. this was at 10:00 at night.

M

minorson

and yes, he did mention the other offence that happened june 2002. they know everything.

M

mikkey5

Your son is on the road to be trailer trash.

Another brush with the law in 2002...

You must be proud of him.

L

lukewarm

reply to school zone

what u have to understand is that in certain states it does not matter what time of day it is or what day of the week if it is in a school zone then the punishment is severe

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">