• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession with intent to sell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dmoney

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

Okay so 3-20-04 The DEA pulled 1 person leaving my apartment and found 1 gram powder cocaine.. Later that nite they pull my best friend and my roomate and find another 3 grams(the best friend takes credit and is arrested)..My roomate then gives permission for them to search the apartment where they find another 20 grams..Im @ work during all the drama and DEA leaves a card with my roomate telling him to have me call them, their previous surveillence leading them to believe the drugs were mine..I retain a lawyer the next day, but was never arrested or booked but charged with Possesion with intent to sell and deliver cocaine..My lawyer talks me into trying to plea down and cooperating with the DEA..I signed a form that I'm said something to the effect of I would give them 2 felony drug busts and my charges would be lessesed (i forget exactly to what)..Well I'm in contact with my Narc for a couple months but we fall outta touch and the same with my lawyer as I owe him over $2000 which i never paid..So here begins my questions..A) Why has no one come to arrest me in the almost 5 years since B) Is there a Statute of Limatations for a trial against me to have begun, I've read about a pre-indictment delay and feel my case could possibly fall under it C) Being from NC I was charged a tax for alledgedly owning these drugs, which I never paid..Well recently a lien was placed on my bank accounts..Is this legal since the drugs have never been proven to be mine.. I plan on going to talk the attorney soon but am scared and embarassed and wanted as much info as possible..Thanks in advance for any help ***wanted to add that I have a cop friend that checked and I have no outstanding warrants and he cant find this charge anywhere in his database.

Last edited:

sallylong

This is an unusual occurence. Did you sign a plea agreement? Was the prosecuting attorney present? Did you ever go to court?

Dmoney

I never once set foot in a courthouse..The DA, i assume, faxed over the sheet that I signed which I assume was a plea agreement, but I never fulfilled any part of this agreement

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">